*You are employed by a major fashion forecasting company. Your group’s responsibility is to develop a fashion trend report for two years from now.
- Identify the basic facts about each trend by using information from past forecasts. Your research should include: What stage of the product life cycle is the trend? Is this a new or repeating trend? In addition, explain the trend’s appeal to a specific target market, for example: Junior market.
- Trace the origin of the trend. (Timeline)
- What fashion theory of acceptance is driving the trend?
- Determine the factors likely to affect the trend in the future. (Social, Economic, Media, etc. )
*Fashion forecasting is a visualization and intuitive process. You should begin by reading the trade publications such as WWD, DNR, and Accessories and by becoming familiar with Stylesight, which is a subscription online forecasting service that can be accessed through the Berkeley College Library. This should be followed by reading consumer publications such as Vogue, In Styles, Lucky, People etc.
*Each trend will have its own report in an online format. It will include the following:
- Trend Origin Timeline
- What factors are driving it? What group will be the first to accept it?
- Trend Story- Create a name for the trend, (for example, Bohemian Chic) and use the name as a basis for telling the story. Write a descriptive paragraph outlining the importance of the trend and the direction it is taking.
- Create a collage of influences.
- 3 Sketches of trend for 2 years from now. You can use outside assistance for this.
- Proposed colors for the season with explanation for selection. (Online paint swatches, but create color names.)
- Proposed fabrications for the season with explanation of the section (Online fabric swatches.)
- Power point note section is to be utilized. Include internal citations using MLA format as well as a work cited page.
- The presentation should be visually interesting.