What is available
Library Website contains information about and access to all the available resources and services
The LS2 Public Access Catalog includes the collections of all Berkeley College libraries. There are more than 86,000 titles. Use it to find books, DVDs and audio books.
There are 69 multipurpose and discipline specific databases providing access to full text articles, research, reports, reference and scholarly publications.
Each library has a Textbooks on Reserve Collection.
Educational DVDs and streaming media collections support course content across the curriculum.
Find a Liaison
Library Liaisons support course curricula in a variety of ways:
- Plan, integrate, and deliver Information Literacy concepts throughout the College curriculum
- Locate copyright compliant supplemental course resources
- Provide targeted research instruction for specific course assignments
LIBRARY LIAISONS AND FACULTY:
- Collaborate with faculty to obtain and maintain appropriate resources for course assignments and academic programs
- Collaborate on course assignments which provide opportunities to develop Information Literacy skill building
- Collaborate with faculty in the creation of appropriate assessment strategies to measure Information Literacy competencies
- Collaborate with faculty to create assignments which integrate the use of databases, search engines, and other library resources and tools
LIBRARY LIAISONS AND STUDENTS:
- Help students identify pertinent information resources via the library and the Internet
- Instruct students to think critically about information; to recognize when information is needed and have the skills to locate, evaluate and effectively use it
- Support subject area learning and research through the development of Subject area and Course-specific tutorials
- Help students to understand concepts of Intellectual Property and to avoid plagiarism