Links to Other LibGuides
- Last Updated Oct 24, 2016
This guide provides an overview of resources available to support the Health Services Program.
990 views this year
- Last Updated Jun 14, 2017
Lists and Links for topics related to Health Studies programs
142 views this year
- Last Updated Oct 11, 2016
This guide provides an overview of resources available to support the Surgical Technology program.
5 views this year
- Last Updated May 16, 2017
130 views this year
Your Research Writing Assignment
This is a the general assignment that most instructors use, but please check with your instructor for any differences for your class.
We will be discussing important and controversial healthcare issues throughout this quarter. Here is your chance to demonstrate industry knowledge and expertise. You will select an issue that is covered in this course and is near and dear to your heart, whether it is because it affects you, your family, your work, our society or the world. You will critically analyze the issue and come to some conclusion as to what will or should happen in the future with this issue. Your paper should be three  pages in length. You must use APA citation format. Please check your grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
You must cite at least 3 outside references, using APA citation format. Your 3 references must be discipline-specific sources and identify appropriate specialized information. These can be from sources such as government documents, scholarly publications, and professional organizations in your major/field.
- Government role in health spending
- Need for health care services
- Access to health care services
- Use of ambulatory care services
- Public health and prevention
- Hospital organization
- History of mental health services
- Continuum of long term care services
- The American physician/ the American nurse
- Principles of managed care
- ACA / Obamacare (Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act)
- Concierge Medicine
- Hospital Amenities (private suites, spas, wellness centers)