From your Librarian
This is a library assignment guide for HEA 4410. Each tab on this guide will help you use the correct resources for this assignment. If you need help you can access a librarian by clicking on the Find Help tab, or chat live with a librarian by using the green ASK US button on the right.
Links to Other LibGuides
- Last Updated Oct 24, 2016
This guide provides an overview of resources available to support the Health Services Program.
952 views this year
- Last Updated Jun 14, 2017
Lists and Links for topics related to Health Studies programs
141 views this year
Chat with a Librarian!
SUBJECT: Identify what aspect of health care interests you. It might be a disease, such as Diabetes; a treatment process, such as robotic surgery; or a management process, such as electronic health records. Some aspect of health care that has made significant progress in recent years.
ASSIGNMENT: Find and discuss current (no older than 5 years) research, discoveries, treatments, diagnostic tests, clinical trial results, etc. on your topic of interest.
65 points maximum for content quality. This paper should elevate the reader’s knowledge of your topic in a clear manner. Your paper should discuss:
- The basis for the new information (why did they do this or look into this)
- How it was researched and confirmed (what did the researchers do to test their theory or product to assure it will do what they claim)
- Current status or implementation in the United States (is it the new standard of care? are only some physicians supporting it? If so, what percentage of professionals are using it? Has it received FDA approval?)
- Your conclusions on the benefits or lack of benefit for this new addition to our health care arsenal
20 points maximum for Format
- Minimum of Five (5) pages [not including cover page and reference page(s)]
- Microsoft Word software application must be used to create the document.
- Times New Roman font, 12 point, double-spaced; one inch and a quarter (1.25”) margins maximum are to be used: top, bottom, left, and right
- Proper grammar and spelling (US English)
- Page numbers should be shown in the upper right corner header
- Paper must begin with an introduction and end with a summary
- Must follow APA format. Cover page must include paper title, course code and title, instructor’s name, student’s name, and date submitted.
15 points maximum for references used
A minimum of three credible references, in addition to your course textbook, must be presented on a separate reference page, correlating to the proper APA format citations within the paper’s body. Appropriate references include: textbooks; articles from library databases; US government [.gov] and professional [.org] websites; interviews with current working health care professionals; etc. No Wikipedia, About.com, or Ask.com.