[Develop information system technology structure of a business with emphasis on network, security and data-base system. Students will individually write and submit a term paper. This term paper is based on your experience over past quarters and should focus on key topics of network and security, database design, and web development. The main theme of your paper will be on system design. A network system needs to be designed that will be used by a company for daily network activities. A statement of design, purpose and rational connected to network, security and database design must be submitted to the professor and must be approved. Ultimately the statement of system design and implementation must at minimum contain the following sections:
- Identify and define the requirements that must be satisfied to address user needs.
- Analyze user requirements to design IT-based solutions
- Design network using Visio or other similar software showing all aspects of network and reasons behind their rational. Back your reasons with published resources and identify citations.
- Design security aspect of the system identifying all security software/ tools, including hardware, and software. Identify the reason behind selections. All reasoning must be backed by research and citations.
- Suggest business aligned IT system solutions that would be suitable for the proposed system. These could include ERP, CRM, etc. All reasons must be backed up with citations of published research references.
- Design a database component of the proposed system with table design showing relationship between tables. Student will produce details about the database design for the project explaining their reasons behind their design while producing citations which reflect sources of published journals and books.
- Final statement of conclusion which contains lesson learned and summary of findings based on system design.
- A midterm draft (or a series of ongoing drafts) of the paper will be required and reviewed by the Instructor. The Instructor will return the draft(s) with comments to the student, for the purposes of coaching the student, in time for the student to modify the final submission.
- 20 – 25 pages, double spaced, typed, 12 pt. font, 1”margins.
- APA format. To help ensure consistency, during the quarter, the instructors will schedule the ASC to discuss the APA format and plagiarism with their students.
- Research materials should be high-quality sources such as those available through the library online databases. A representative of the library should be scheduled to discuss database availability and information sources.
- Project should be well organized and encompass the above subject and content guidelines
- An electronic copy of the project should be submitted via safe assignment
Annotated Bibliographies and Summaries (GHA): Students are expected to prepare annotated bibliographies on anticipation of the submission of the capstone project. The annotated bibliography must cover the following subjects:
o First batch: Systems Development Life Cycle
o Second batch: Network Design and Management,
o Third batch: Database Design and Management,
o Fourth batch: Web Design and Development
o Fifth batch: Agile Technologies, RAD, and JAD]