First Look/Getting Started
You may have a great idea for a product or service, but before you go any further, first make sure there's a market for it. Please click here for access to an article from Entrepreneur magazine to detetermine if there is market a for your brand.
A few sample marketing plans to promote a brand can be found by clicking here.
Chat with a Librarian!
Group Strategic Marketing Plan Project (SMP)
This guide is intended to assist with finding and using library resources to complete the Group Strategic Marketing Plan project in the Fall 2016 MBA6630 course.
- Choose an international or global brand or propose taking a brand to another country(ies)
- Develop a detailed budget and timeline for implementation, evaluation, and control
- Outline a specific design, sampling method and instrument for some form of primary research – survey (questionnaire)
Explore the project terms and concepts:
Information & Services for Graduate Students
- Help when you need it
Research assistance is available by Chat, IM, walk-in or by appointment with your course embedded librarian. You may also explore the self-help knowledge base, LibAnswers.
- Off-Campus Access To Electronic Library Resources
Access the Libraries' research databases, online journals, ebooks and other authoritative online research resources. Logon to Blackboard then locate Library in the navigation menu. On the library homepage select the Research/Explore tab.
- Reciprocol Borrowing w/ NJ Colleges & Universities
The VALE Reciprocal borrowing agreement allows for cooperative onsite borrowing among forty-seven participating VALE member colleges and universities. Visit the link for instructions. Application
- Interlibrary Loan/Article Exchange
WorldCat connects you to the collections of more than 10,000 libraries worldwide. The library's interlibrary library loan service makes those resources available to you. The Article Exchange document-sharing site provides a single, secure location where lending libraries worldwide can place requested documents and library users can retrieve articles or book chapters obtained for them via interlibrary loan.
- Alerting Services
Many of the Library Databases allow you to create and schedule notifications that new Journal issues or articles on topics of interest are available. Look for Set up email alert and Create RSS feed symbols.
- Journal Finder
Search for journal, articles, books, or databases with keyword, citation matcher, alphabetical or discovery options. *Sign up for best functionality.
- Loan Periods for Library Books
Berkeley College Graduate Students may borrow up to 100 books from the circulating collection for up to 90 days, with the option to renew online. A Berkeley College ID card must be presented whenever borrowing materials from the Libraries.
- Printers/Photocopy Machine
Color and B/W networked printers are available for use with available Pharos Print Credits. To check your balance visit the Blackboard Online Card Office tab. Photocopy equipment is available. Standard, and Legal size B&W copies are .15 cents. Color copies .30 cents.
- Available for 4 hour loan period during regular operating hours with 1 renewal. One laptop per person; no overnight; may not be reserved in advance. Laptop must be returned in person at time due or 10 minutes before closing. Quantities are limited and available on a non reserved bases.
Factors to Consider
There are factors that need to be consider in international/global marketing that differ from the domestic marketing.
In addition to local economic factors, political situation, culture, infrastructure and local law have to be taken under consideration.