On this page you'll find...
This page lists your assignments for this term.
If you have questions about your assignments, speak with your professor.
If you have questions regarding researching your assignments, contact the library using the chat box below.
Chat with a Librarian!
Writing Assignment #1 Due Week 3
In the etext read the closing case after Chapter 3 (page 72). Answer the questions after the closing case.
Your paper should be your interpretation of the case in answering the questions and be no less that 650 of YOUR own words (header, ref, question repeat, does not count).
Note at least one reference (library or otherwise) that you used to help you in doing this assignment.
Paper MUST be in APA format. Not doing such will result in lost points.
Writing Assignment #2 Due Week 5
Read the Closing Case in Chapter 4: Acting on a Strategic Vision. Answer the 3 questions (listed below). This assignment relates to material in Chapters 1-5.
- How might different competitive strategies help to explain why Electronic Arts lost its leadership in the video-game market to Activision Blizzard?
- How would you use the adaptation model to advise Activision Blizzard on the best way to maintain its leadership in the video-game market?
- If you ran a small video-game start-up, what would be your strategy for competing with EA and Activision Blizzard?
Use APA style and a minimum of 650 words, not including title and reference page. Reference your textbook and at least one additional scholarly source to demonstrate critical thinking.
Writing Assignment #3 Due Week 7
Please read the closing case at the end of Chapter 7. Answer the questions noted at the end of the case study.
Be sure your paper is in APA format and at least 650 words NOT including the header and references. Use what you read in the chapter as well as your own insight to answer the questions. Use at least 1 reference for outside research.
Writing Assignment #4 Due Week 8
Read the Closing Case in Chapter 8: Social Entrepreneurship and HR. Answer the 4 questions (also listed below). This assignment relates to material in Chapters 1-8.
- In what ways is HR for Mercy Corps to be similar to HR at a global business like Starbucks or Dell?
- How is HR at Mercy Corps likely to be different from HR at a global business?
- In general, why do people choose to work for a not-for-profit organization? What unique advantages and disadvantages does this pose to managers?
- Are there special issues of diversity that may be highly relevant to organizations like Mercy Corps? If so, what are they?
Use APA style and a minimum of 650 words, not including title and reference page. Reference your textbook and at least one additional scholarly source to demonstrate critical thinking. Note that not following these directions will result in a lower grade.
Writing Assignment #5 Due Week 11
Read the closing case at the end of Chapter 11 about Harley Davidson and answer the questions at the end. Be sure to cite one referral to the eText and at least one outside source that helped you with your answer.
Your response must be a minimum of 650 words and in APA format.