From your Librarian
This guide will help you complete your Medical Terminology assignment for HEA 2200. Each tab on this guide will help you use the correct resources for this assignment. If you need help you can chat live with a librarian by using the chat box or clicking on any blue ASK US button (on right side of screen), or finding your local librarians in the Your Librarians for Medical Terminology tab.
Tell us what you think!
Was this Guide Useful?
A thorough understanding of medical terms will enable you to understand the healthcare literature. This guide is to help with the sections of HEA 2200 where you must find a journal article with many medical terms, pick out the terms, then define them and break them down into word parts for your final paper.
Helpful hint: Open up and save the template in the box to the right first, so you can complete the Reference list as you identify the articles for the Word Chart. This will save you time!!
To complete this assignment:
1. Use the Articles tab to locate article(s) that contain words on your topic.
2. Identify medical terms within the article(s) - your class could need 20 to 35.
3. Use the Definitions Tab or a medical dictionary to find the meaning of the words.
4. Break down each word into word parts (prefix, root word, suffix, if applicable)
5. Define word parts, using the Definitions Tab and the Appendix in your textbook or other Medical Terminology books.
6. Use the formatted template in the box to the right to type up this assignment. Remember to complete the Cover page, Word chart and Reference list. Check with your instructor or course syllabus for the number of words you need to define. This assignment is in Microsoft Word format so that it can be saved and submitted through Blackboard for your Course.
How to use this LibGuide
Medical Terminology Formatted Paper template
Use this formatted paper template for this assignment. Check with your instructor or course syllabus for specific directions and read the box to the left.
Medical Terminology Research Guide
Handout of instructions for this assignment