Current Member Roster
Committee Chair Bonnie Lafazan (MDL) (6/14)
Maria Deptula (PAR) (2/14)
Jessica Kiebler (WST) (6/15)
Zena George (BRK) (7/1/16)
Wiliam McNelis (7/1/16)
Laurie McFadden (7/1/16)
Outreach and Marketing Committee Purpose and Objectives
Outreach & Marketing Committee (O&M) Purpose and Objectives
The O&M Committee promotes engagement and awareness of library services and resources among the Berkeley College community by implementing the following strategies:
- Provide a framework to encourage consistency in the libraries' outreach and marketing activities by advising and coordinating the system-wide planning, development and production of materials, events and activities.
- Enhance visibility via promotional materials included but not limited to print, graphics, video, social media and LibGuides.
- Research, evaluate and implement relevant technology tools in order to advance our purpose and objective.
- Maintain a repository of programs, ideas, tools, graphics, displays and signage.
- Manage and analyze data sets as it relates to O&M's activities.
Our service objective is to provide librarians with outreach and marketing outreach support that promotes and enhance visibility so that the Berkeley College community benefits from library resources and services.
History of the Committee
* The "Outreach and Marketing Committee" **was formed in January 2014 with the purpose of formalizing and collaborating the library's promotional and marketting eforts among the 10 campus locations.
** The Comittee was originally named the "Public Relations and Marketing Committee." (On July 1, 2016 it was renamed the "Outreach & Marketting Committee.")
* The first meeting was via Conference Call on August 27, 2013. Discussed was a committee's purpose, ideas for the committee LibGuide, social media policy, cross-campus signage and promotional materials, developing a universal library icon or logo and cross-campus promotions/collaborations.