PSYCHOLOGY - Spring 2014 - Prof. Taylor
This guide will aid you in doing research for your Psychology Class at Berkeley College. Please follow the tabs above according to the resources you need.
Streaming Media: Find streaming media like the one below by clicking on the link on the library home page in the gray box (or click on the red hyperlink below).
Streaming Media: from Films on Demand
This Assignment - From your Instructor
PowerPoint Group Project
You are required to construct a power point slide show for this course, working on it throughout the semester. This project will be worth 20% of your final grade. On a topic of your choosing (relevant to psychology), you are to construct a set of slides that includes:
a. The best websites that you can find – at least 3 sites which add to your knowledge on the topic - with a brief explanation for each as to why it is valuable. These websites should add more information to what your textbook has.
b. An annotated bibliography of at least 3 books that would be helpful as additional reading for those particularly interested in the topic. These could include academic books or biographies. (Use APA style for each reference. If you are unfamiliar with APA please see me in office hours for tutorial or read the information provided at the Purdue Online Writing Lab (http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/)
c. An annotated bibliography of at least 3 refereed journal articles that would be useful for an academic paper on the topic. (Use APA style for each reference.)
d. The links to appropriate online videos on the topic. Various media sites (including YouTube) have many videos related to psychology. See if you can find the best ones, and explain why these are the best.
e. Appropriate pictures or other graphics, which would add to a person’s understanding of the topic. For example, for the section on neurobiology, photographs or diagrams of neurons, the brain, and so forth might be appropriate.
* The more you do, and the better you do it, the higher your grade
* There will be three “due dates” associated with this project. Automatic deduction of 10 points off final project grade will occur if the first two deadlines are missed. Failure to present project on due date will result in a failing grade (0 points):
1. Topic and group member information: April 21, 2014
2. Progress Report: May 19, 2014
3. Final project is due on June 16, 2014 (Please note you are expected to submit a hard copy/printout of your PowerPoint on the day of your presentation)