From your Librarian
This is the library assignment guide for ENG 205. Each tab on this guide will help you use the correct resources for the Writing Through Literature. If you need help you can access a librarian through Contact Us or you can chat live with a librarian by using the chat box to the right.
Writing Through Literature - Suggested Research Paper Topics
Consider the following topics for this course’s research paper assignment. Although you have not read some of the selections yet, you will have read them by the end of Week 13, Sunday, September 4, which is when the paper is due. If you would like to begin reading the topic’s selections before we discuss them in the context of the course, go to Course Information and click on Research Essay Selections. You do not have to include ALL of the suggested readings. Select a few to discuss, refer to, and research in the context of your paper.
Below are the suggested topics for your final paper:
1. Discuss the issues of gender, stereotyping, and defining roles.
2. Discuss the importance of cultural identity and/or the problems with assimilation (contrast between old world and new world).
3. Discuss the how external forces deliberately or inadvertently affect our psychological and emotional well-being.
4. Discuss the impact and interpretation of symbolism on the characters and plot of the selection.
5. Discuss the impact of civil unrest on the human psyche and on society; analyze the reality of this struggle and how it is perceived by society and those directly involved.
6. Discuss the intricacies and complexities of relationships, particularly among men and women, husband and wife, parents and children.
GUIDELINES AND REQUIREMENTS:
MLA Format, Guidelines, and Standards
5-7 pages in length
12 point font
Works Cited Page
If there are any issues, please email your professor as soon as possible.