The Library Liaison Program
The Library Liaison program establishes a working partnership between librarians and faculty.
Librarians are assigned Schools to work collaboratively with faculty in the development and delivery of course integrated Information Literacy instruction.
Team Leaders have been appointed to each School to coordinate and execute information literacy support.
Roles & Guidelines:
- Understand and convey the responsibilities of a team (knowing courses on the map, learning outcomes, and assessment strategies)
- Facilitate discussion on tasks and needs of the team (group problem solving)
- Delegate responsibilities to team members in addressing specific needs (who will create a learning tool, who will do a class, etc)
- Follow up with team members as appropriate (ensure that the work is done)
- Attend assessment meetings by department as necessary
Library Liaison Responsibilities
Library Liaisons support course curricula in a variety of ways:
- Plan, integrate, and deliver Information Literacy concepts throughout the College curriculum
- Provide course specific resources to support student success
- Provide targeted research instruction for specific course assignments
LIBRARY LIAISONS AND FACULTY:
- Collaborate with faculty to obtain and maintain appropriate resources for course assignments and academic programs
- Collaborate on course assignments which provide opportunities to develop Information Literacy skill building
- Collaborate with faculty in the creation of appropriate assessment strategies to measure Information Literacy competencies
- Collaborate with faculty to create assignments which integrate the use of databases, search engines, and other library resources and tools
LIBRARY LIAISONS AND STUDENTS:
- Help students identify pertinent information resources via the library and the Internet
- Instruct students to think critically about information; to recognize when information is needed and have the skills to locate, evaluate and effectively use it
- Support subject area learning and research through the development of Subject area and Course-specific tutorials
- Help students to understand concepts of Intellectual Property and to avoid plagiarism
Select your School tab, above, to find your Library Liaisons!