What is Information Overload?
- Do you HAVE to check social media multiple times a day to stay "in the know"?
- Are you overwhelmed by the notifications on your devices begging for your attention?
- Do you feel like you can never get through all of the information you have saved?
- Do you hate not knowing the newest viral stories, latest news or what your friends are doing?
- Does too much information just stress you out?
You might be suffering from information overload!
Information Overload Facts
Can you relate to these statistics?
In a survey of nearly 2,000 Note to Self listeners:
- 60 percent said they feel like the amount of effort they must exert to stay up-to-date on a daily basis is "taxing." Another 15 percent said it's downright "impossible."
- 4 out of 5 said information overload affects their ability to learn.
- 1 out of 3 said information overload was affecting their close relationships.
In a Harvard study, people, regardless of age, check their smartphones every 15 minutes or less and become anxious if they aren’t allowed to do so.
Please Note: This event has already passed and this guide is now consider an archived guide. This guide is no longer being updated and might contain information that may be outdated or become outdated. Please use this information at your own discretion.
Information Overload: Strategies to Declutter Your Digital Life
View our presentation on strategies to overcome information overload and declutter your digital life.