Welcome to my Nutrition LibGuide!
The information in this LibGuide goes along with the information in my nutrition webinar, "Be Good To Your Gut: Nutrition's Role in Whole Body Health" which you can find on the next tab.
Continue exploring the different concepts discussed at each tab. Find links, books, videos and more on a variety of nutrition topics.
“Local produce. Tamu Kianggeh Brunei.” Flickr Creative Commons, Bernard Spragg. NZ, Taken on March 26, 2009.
Nutrition: The Facts
Let's start at the beginning - which for me usually means defining what I'm even looking at. So here we go:
1. the act or process of nourishing or of being nourished.
2. the science or study of, or a course of study in, nutrition, especially of humans.
3. the process by which organisms take in and utilize food material.
4. food; nutriment.
5. the pursuit of this science as an occupation or profession.
1. the process in the alimentary canal by which food is broken up physically, as by the action of the teeth, and chemically, as by the action of enzymes, and converted into a substance suitable for absorption and assimilation into the body.
"Functional Medicine is a personalized, systems-oriented model that empowers patients and practitioners to achieve the highest expression of health by working in collaboration to address the underlying causes of disease."
Functional medicine doctors often use nutrition as a method of preventing and curing disease.
914-694-1122 ext 3371
Reading, travel, nutrition (and food!) and all things learning
ALA, ACRL/ACRL-NY, FTR, LF-PEI, NYLA, WLA
"Staying Afloat When You’re Alone in the Boat: Tools for Solo Academic Librarians"; "Build Your Own Technology Toolkit: Create Awesome Outreach that Energizes Your Campus Community"; "Conversation, Connection, Convergence: Lifelong Learning in the Library"