Parameters and guidelines for the strategic assessment:
- The student will choose a corporation to be analyzed by that student individually.
- The choice of firm for analysis should be directly related to the student’s major area of study.
- Publicly traded corporations are generally preferred due to the availability of information.
- Student should apply strategic analysis models to the chosen firm.
- Situational analysis of the firm should include:
- A brief overview of the firm, including a mission/vision analysis
- Internal analysis of strengths and weaknesses,
- External analysis of firm opportunities threats
- Industry analysis using Porter’s Five Forces or other relevant model.
- Net assessment and critique of the viability and strategic potential of the firm’s current strategy and evaluation of the strategic alternatives available for recommendation by the student.
- A midterm draft (or a series of ongoing drafts) of the paper will be required and reviewed by the Instructor.
- 15 – 25 pages, double spaced.
- APA format.
- Research materials should be high-quality sources such as those available through the library online databases.